- Broadband Survey Summary & Update 2017 –
- 77.6% of people use Standard Broadband
- 54.5% getting less than 1MB.
- Needless to say approximately 73% of people said this was insufficient for their needs
- The latest update on the Bedford Borough Fibre broadband project is that Phase 2 which covers Stagsden should be completed by Sept. 2017.
- Faster Broadband is Available Now
- Most Internet providers can already provide a fibre option to residents living in Bedford Rd and Part of the High Street. Whilst superfast speeds are not possible, speeds of between 5-15MB can be achieved. In order to get faster broadband you would need to upgrade to a Fibre option and would need to check with your provider on what they can provide and the cost.
- Some villagers use a 4G solution which seems to give speeds of approx. 10MB+. This type of service is provided by most mobile phone providers who offer a Home or Business broadband package. This maybe another option to explore, if you want a faster internet speed.
For more information and to check potential speed for your property, you can go to : www.bedford.gov.uk/business/projects_infrastructure/broadband.aspx and follow the appropriate links.